I am in between reading material right now, but thought I would stay as close as possible to the theme of reading books. So here goes.
I have a “Most Wanted Book” list that has served as a Christmas wish list over the years and even a place I can refer to when I want to buy some new books. I should also say that these books don’t necessarily represent books that I believe will become “my favorites” as some point, but just books I want to read for a number of different reasons.
Instead of sharing the whole list with you, which probably has around 150 books, here are my top 20 most desired books (in alphabetical order).
- And So To Bed: A Biblical View of Sleep by Adrian Reynolds
- Blessing of Humility by Jerry Bridges
- Democratization of American Christianity by Nathan Hatch
- Erasing Hell by Francis Chan & Preston Sprinkle
- Everyone’s a Theologian by R.C. Sproul
- For the Glory: Eric Liddel’s Journey from Olympic Champion to Modern Martyr by Duncan Hamilton
- From Heaven He Came and Sought Her by Jonathan Gibson
- Habits of Grace by David Mathis
- How the West Really Lost God by Mary Eberstadt
- How to Talk So People Will Listen y Steve Brown
- If You Bite and Devour One Another by Alexander Strauch
- Intolerance of Tolerance by D.A. Carson
- Life of John Calvin by Alister McGrath
- Meal with Jesus by Tim Chester
- Prepare Them to Shepherd by Brian Croft
- Puritan Practice of Meditation by Joel Beeke
- Red State Religion by Robert Wuthnow
- Side by Side by Ed Welch
- What About Free Will? by Scott Christiansen
- The Whole Christ by Sinclair Ferguson