- “Theological Primer: the Extra Calvinisticum” by Kevin DeYoung (The Gospel Coalition). You are probably wondering, “What in the world does the word ‘Calvinisticum” mean?” Read this article, and learn a new theological term. Maybe you can use it in a game of Scrabble sometime.
- “How Is Ministry Made More Difficult By Being in the Bible Belt?” by Matt Chandler (The Gospel Coalition). Growing up in Oklahoma, I complete relate to his thoughts on this subject.
- “Simplicity in Preaching” by Kevin DeYoung (The Gospel Coalition). Any time I have a chance to read counsel from J.C. Ryle, which is what DeYoung is sharing in this blog post, I will stop whatever I am doing and consider it. Here is Ryle’s tips on being a simplistic preacher.
- “How Black and White Christians Do Discipleship Differently” by Kate Shellnutt (Christianity Today). There is much we can learn from our brothers and sisters of other races when it comes to mentoring.
- “Finding Our Voice: Why the Decline of Congregational Singing Matters – and How to Fix It” by Bob Smietana (Facts and Trends).