- “The Secret of Spurgeon’s Success” by Clint Archer (Cripplegate) – Just in the last few weeks in a sermon I was preaching at WBC, I referred to the importance that Spurgeon placed on prayer. To hear more about the value of prayer from the Prince of Preachers, read this article.
- “The Scandal of Biblical Illiteracy: It’s Our Problem” by Al Mohler – It is possible to have a high view of Scripture but not know what it says, as this article proves.
- “Going All-in With Ebooks” by Tim Challies – I am not ready to take a plunge to get rid of my physical library and go electronic, but Challies is doing just that. Read why in this blog post.
- “Why Your Church Should Support Fewer Missionaries” by Mike Pettengill (The Gospel Coalition) – This is a thought-provoking article and I am not sure I agree with everything, but I do appreciate the commitment to go deeper in your support and not broader.
- “Christian Cliches: The Lord Told Me” by Cameron Buettel (The Cripplegate) – As part of a special series this week, this article address a common mantra coming from the Charismatic camp – “the Lord told me.” Should we accept such a phrase? Should we use such a phrase?